Thursday, July 7, 2011

Murrumbateman SJ Festival 11th/12th of June 2011

Wow- Its been a while since I updated..

On the weekend of the 11th and 12th of June, Paris and I headed down to my Pony club for the biggest showjumping event in our zone. The is a state qualifying event, so there was people from all over NSW as well as Canberra there.
This was my first B grade competition on Paris and we kicked butt!
The competition went over 2 days with 7 seperate SJ events over the weekend.
We placed as follows;

4th Equitation
3rd AM2
2nd 6 bar
2nd Topscore
4th Grand Prix
2nd Derby (Mixture of XC and showjumps- very hunter horse type thing)

The 7th event was a rescue relay, which is where you team up with a friend and you have to try and complete 2 showjumping rounds between the 2 of you in under 2 minutes. If I knock a rail my partner has to be ready to jump the next jump in my place. If I have a stop, my partner has to take over from the jump I stopped at. This is all for fun, but is all about strategy! Tell you what, it was very hard to wipe the smile off my face for the rest of the day after this round!

Anywho, we ended up placing second over all for B grade Saturday and Sunday! Which was a great feat for both of us at our first B grade comp!!



Im going to add this picture just because I love it!! This is from a clinic at my pony club with Trevor Morris. This particular lesson was a huge turning point in our jump training!

No comments:

Post a Comment