Friday, August 20, 2010

My Childhood

I didn't start riding horse's until I was about 11 years old as I am allergic to them. My aunty had a horse when I was young and I used to get on him occasionally.

My first horse's name was Sheba and she was a 15hh Stock horse mare. Unfortunatly we lost her to a snake bite after about 2 months of owning her. I then trialled a little bay Brumby called Toby. We ended up giving him back as he was a little crazy. My next horse was a 13.2hh (at the time) Jet black Arabian filly. She was about 2 when we got her and I did most of her training myself. We went ahead to win a lot of sporting and show events, but her real passion was jumping. Thats why I enjoy Eventing so much. Whilst I didnt get to compete her much, due to having no transport, we would consistently jump around 1.20m. Often bareback too..
She eventually grew to a small 14.1hh and I had to lease her out due to me being to big for her. But I still own her. Here is a piccy of her with my Aunty's Clydie Bob.
Then I got my schoolmaster Moo in 2005. He was a 15 yr old, 16.3 TB gelding who had previously campained at 2** with his previous owner. She retired him prior to selling him so we purchased him to teach me everything I needed to know. Unfortunatly, 3 weeks after purchasing him, he became ill with Patterson's curse poisoning and we nearly lost him. He had to be confined to a stall for 13 weeks and I am now very good at giving injections and organising a diet for sick ponies! We ended up getting up to Pre-Novice before his arthritis kicked in and unfortunatly he passed away in September last year.
I will upload photo's of him when I find some.

No comments:

Post a Comment